At Goodison Park, all just isn’t effectively, and with every passing sport, Rafael Benitez seems to be edging nearer to the exit, pushed by dissatisfied Everton followers.
🍬 What’s taking place?
It is comprehensible why the Toffees trustworthy have turned on the previous Liverpool supervisor, with Everton having misplaced six of their final eight Premier League matches. Everton are at the moment 14th within the Premier League, simply 5 factors away from the relegation zone after 14 matches, following a heavy 4-1 defeat to rivals Liverpool in midweek. All of this got here after Everton loved a powerful begin to the season, profitable 4 of their first six league video games. Benitez has the proprietor’s backing, however one other poor efficiency right here may push him over the sting.
🔴 The Gunners
Arsenal, alternatively, have had a blended bag of leads to current weeks. Arsenal bounced again from a thrashing by the hands of Liverpool final weekend to safe three factors towards Newcastle United. Mikel Arteta might have hoped his aspect would benefit from Manchester United’s poor type, just for Cristiano Ronaldo to encourage the Purple Devils to victory.
The Gunners missed the chance to leapfrog West Ham United into fourth place earlier within the week after the Hammers drew with Brighton & Hove Albion. Arteta will look to take care of strain on their London rivals within the race for the ultimate Champions League qualifying spot. He’ll even be looking out for Manchester United, who’re simply two factors behind them heading into the most recent spherical of fixtures.
🔑 Key stats
- Everton gained each Premier League video games towards Arsenal final season. They haven’t gained three in a row towards the Gunners in league competitors since April 1986. Nevertheless, Arsenal are with out a win of their final three Premier League away video games towards Everton (D1 L2), final having an extended winless league run at Goodison Park between 1989 and 1994 (6 video games)
- Arsenal have scored 111 Premier League targets towards Everton, greater than they’ve versus some other aspect within the competitors. Certainly, solely Manchester United have netted extra towards a single opponent within the competitors (112 vs Newcastle).
- Arsenal have misplaced two of their final three video games within the Premier League (W1), conceding seven targets within the course of. Previous to this, the Gunners had gone unbeaten of their earlier eight matches (W6 D2) and conceded solely 4 occasions.
- Everton have misplaced six of their final seven Premier League matches (D1) and are winless of their final eight (D2 L6). The Toffees haven’t gone 9 with out a win since a 12-game run between August and October 1994.
- Demarai Grey has scored extra Premier League targets than some other Everton participant this season (4). He has by no means netted greater than 4 in a Premier League season in his profession, additionally discovering the again of the web 4 occasions in 2018/19 at Leicester Metropolis.
- Emile Smith Rowe has had a hand in eight targets in his final 11 appearances in all competitions for Arsenal (6 targets, 2 assists). Certainly, solely Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (9) has extra purpose involvements for the Gunners this season than the 21-year-old (8).
🔢 Predicted lineups
Everton XI: Pickford, Coleman, Godfrey, Keane, Digne, Townsend, Doucoure, Allan, Gordon, Grey, Richarlison
Arsenal XI: Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tavares; Partey, Lokonga, Martinelli, Odegaard, Smith Rowe, Aubameyang
🔥 Futaa greatest tip
– Arsenal win at FT
Everton’s wretched run of type continued with a 1-4 humbling by Liverpool at Goodison, extending their winless run to eight matches and pushing them all the way down to 14th, simply 5 factors above the relegation zone. A lot-improved Arsenal will fancy their possibilities of three factors right here. The Gunners have not gained an EPL match at Goodison since April 2017 in order that they’ll really feel now the time is correct to atone for that.
Comply with this match stay on Futaa!